The plot of the game centers around our protagonist, Boyfriend, trying to hook up with Girlfriend, but her ex-rockstar father Daddy Dearest doesn't approve of him. It's up to Boyfriend to rap battle his way through him and anyone else that stands in his path so that he can finally kiss Girlfriend. Time to get freaky!
Friday Night Funkin' is an ongoing project that will continue to receive updates, bug fixes and new content. Check the changelog here. The game is also open source to allow users to mod or simply look through its assets. Download its codehere.
Before you get started, here's a list of our rules. It is important that you read and understand them before continuing on. We highly encourage users to edit, even if you aren't experienced. If you make a mistake, the staff or other users can help to rectify any problems. We all share a common goal of improving the wiki and making it an accurate source for all Friday Night Funkin' fans and newcomers.
1. Vandalism is strictly prohibited and will be banned on sight. Admins reserve the right to fully ban your IP address if you continuously vandalize. It is very likely that you will be banned indefinitely from the community without warning if you are caught vandalizing multiple pages.
Please note that if you haven't made an account, your IP will be shown if you edit.
2. Do not create blank pages with titles that are irrelevant to the game or those that are similar to already-existing pages. These will be deleted and users will be warned. If a user continues to make more or brings back any that were previously deleted, they will be banned.
3. Refrain from adding headcanons (personal interpretations of canon), major information without sources and double check before adding any information "confirmed" by Ninjamuffin99.
4. Refrain from trolling on the wiki. You aren't as funny as you think you are.
5. Refrain from commenting and posting sexual/explicit jokes or content on the wiki. This includes inappropriate images, videos and sound files to the wiki's galleries. NSFW content is not acceptable and will be removed and the poster will face consequences.
6. Do not role-play on the wiki. This isn't the place for that and we encourage you to go look elsewhere. We also ask that you refrain from ship discussions (character pairings) on the wiki as well due to the likelihood of harassment and fights spurring from such topics. If users are caught in an argument over them, all parties involved could face a temporary ban.
7. We absolutely do not tolerate homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism or any kind of harassment on this wiki for any reason. Even as a "joke", that kind of behavior is unacceptable and you could face serious consequences.
8. The wiki staff will try to resolve disputes to the best of our ability, take suggestions when editing protected pages, ban users that are acting inappropriately, delete irrelevant pages and more. If there is ever an issue within the wiki or the forums, it is best to contact an admin.
9. Do not request for admin rights. Not only is it rude, it makes the existing wiki staff less trusting of your abilities, especially if you have done very little to actually prove yourself as a respectable editor/contributor of the wiki.
10. Do not false report comments and posts. In most cases, anything reported that does not break the rules or violates the guidelines in the staff's eyes will not have any actions taken against it. Continuous false reports may result in a warning and any further false reporting could result in a temporary ban.
11. Do not spam. It's annoying and can clutter a discussion or disrupt wiki activity. Anyone who continues to spam on the wiki or forums may get banned.
12. Swearing is generally ok on the wiki and forums. However, be mindful of others as you could face consequences if you use them towards someone in a hurtful manner. Excessive swearing will result in your comments being removed. No matter who you are, the use of derogatory slurs are completely unacceptable and will result in serious consequences on top of being removed.
13. Don't try to work around any of the rules, a.k.a. gaming the system. Bending them, finding a loop hole or manipulating definitions in an attempt to avoid punishment will not be tolerated at all. There is no justification for actions deemed offendable by the staff by reading in between the lines or saying that what you are being punished for wasn't explicitly written down. If you are caught engaging in bad behavior, you will face consequences, regardless of whatever elaborate excuses you come up with.
14. Do not blame someone else as an excuse for any rule breaking done on your account. The staff has no way of verifying that so we must assume you did it. Depending on your past contributions/wiki activity, the staff might give you a more lenient punishment, but in all cases, it is your responsibility to protect your account from being used by someone else.
15. Admins can dictate how long a user is banned for. IP bans are usually indefinite to keep vandals away. Appeals are granted with very limited exceptions. Do not argue or challenge the admins over your punishment. The staff makes an effort to remain fair in our judgement in all cases, but you could make things worse for yourself if you continue acting immaturely, irrationally or try to escalate the situation.
This wiki and the forums are generally intended for users above the age of 13. Friday Night Funkin' is a T-rated game and this wiki adheres to that rating as well. The contents of the wiki aims to be informative to everyone that enjoys the game, but some of its content, including posts from the community forums, may not be entirely appropriate for younger users. Although the staff cannot and will not stop you from entering the wiki and reading or editing its articles, you could be banned if you reveal yourself to be or are suspected of being under 13 years of age. Proceed cautiously and do not share any personal information with anyone.
Update as of 06/02/2021: anonymous edits have been disabled due to increasing vandalism and certain pages will continue to remain protected at the staff's discretion.