Week 5, titled Red Snow, is the fifth set of levels in Friday Night Funkin'. It was released on the 20th of January, 2021.
Week 5 takes place at "The Mall." This location is inside of a well-lit shopping center with a large dome skylight showing a starry night sky. A large, decorated Christmas tree stands in the middle and snow covers the floor. Many characters spectate the rap battle from either the ground or second floor. A mall Santa is being held at gunpoint close by where the battle is occurring, sweating profusely with a panicked expression on his face.
In the third track, the location undergoes a drastic and creepy shift as the shopping center becomes largely abandoned and dimly lit in a red glow. The Christmas tree is now decorated with intestines, covered in blood and has a decapitated head in place of the star, one that eerily resembles Girlfriend but with a shadowed face, red facial features and blood around the eyes and mouth. The snow is tinted pink. Large amounts of blood stain the solid railing of the second floor, and the bottom of the escalators seem to be covered in something organic and flesh-like.
- The first two tracks of Week 5 include a plethora of cameos, almost all of which are heavily tied to Newgrounds. (Cameos are listed from left to right.)
- On the ground floor, there is:
- On the second floor, there is:
- Pico (Pico's School)
- Kenstar (Girlchan in Paradise web series)
- Buggy the Bug (evilsk8r's character)
- Cool Dude (Cool Dude's character)
- Blockhead (Blockhead web series)
- Meat Boy (Super Meat Boy)
- Chris and Zach (Oney and psychicpebbles/Hellbenders web series)
- Gentles and Guoy (Gentles web short)
- Sublo and Tangy Mustard ('Sublo and Tangy Mustard web series)
- Henry Stickmin (Henry Stickmin series)
- xXsquidwardXx (xXsquidwardXx's character)
- Monster (Friday Night Funkin')
- Hatsune Miku (VOCALOID)
- Week 5 is the first week to:
- Alter the appearance of the characters.
- Reuse antagonists.
- Alter the appearance of the location for one of the tracks.
- Use a unique transition for one of the tracks.
- Use a previously unused antagonist.
- Before update 0.2.8, Week 5 was the first week to officially include a track not produced by Kawai Sprite (as Winter Horrorland was produced by Bassetfilms).
- The background contains shops with joke store signs. These signs read "Salads and Sex," "Lmao," "Junk+Shit" and "Crap!"
- evilsk8r, one of the game's artists, was originally set to include a character named Rolus in the background. This was because of a deal made with a longtime friend, shpill. Ultimately, Rolus did not make it into PhantomArcade's final cut of the background for reasons unknown. The different things shown within the concept art sketches include:
- A plush stand with the aforementioned character known as Rolus, the main character from an upcoming game on Newgrounds called Rolus in the Outskirts.
- Differently named store signs, such as "SK8R SHOP", "KB Store" and "Ninja Muffin".
- Two posters, one that simply reads "Hi Blade" and the other being a picture of ninjamuffin99's character.
- ninjamuffin99, the game's programmer, has stated that the mall Santa seen in this week died.
|Tutorial||Girlfriend | Tutorial|
|Week 1||Daddy Dearest | Bopeebo - Fresh - Dadbattle|
|Week 2||Skid and Pump | Spookeez - South|
Monster | Monster (Song)
|Week 3||Pico | Pico (Song) - Philly - Blammed|
|Week 4||Mommy Mearest | Satin Panties - High - M.I.L.F|
|Week 5||Daddy Dearest & Mommy Mearest | Cocoa - Eggnog|
Monster | Winter Horrorland
|Week 6||Senpai | Senpai (Song) - Roses|
Spirit | Thorns
|Week 7||Tankman | Ugh - Guns - Stress|
|Upcoming||Darnell | Darnell (Song) - Lit Up - 2Hot|
|Unused||Boyfriend | Test|
|Game Modes||Story Mode - Freeplay|
|Others||Options - Debug Menu - Donate/Kickstarter|