Week 7, titled Tankman, is the seventh set of levels in Friday Night Funkin'. It was released on the 18th of April, 2021 as a Newgrounds exclusive.
Week 7 takes place in the "Restricted Military Zone." This location is set in the middle of a sandy battlefield surrounded by small piles of brick rubble. Far back within the landscape are mountains and several war-torn buildings. Tall columns of smoke rise from somewhere in the horizon. Steve, a Tankmen soldier with round goggles, operates a tank and will occasionally drive by in the background. Private Skittles, a sniper belonging to an enemy faction, can be seen in the distance keeping a lookout from his watchtower with his sniper rifle poking out. 2 Tankmen with insignias on their arms are seen in the foreground carrying and pointing rifles. A small audience of Tankmen spectate the rap battle.
In the third track, the 2 Tankmen in the foreground are gone. Other rifle-carrying Tankmen with rectangular goggles and insignias on their arms will continuously rush in from the left and right sides of the background, each one getting killed once they get close enough.
During the first two tracks, Girlfriend is held at gunpoint by the 2 Tankmen in the foreground who rest on the smaller speakers, forcing her to raise her arms as she bops her head to the tempo of the music.
During the last track, Pico takes Girlfriend's place on her speakers, remaining crouched while dual wielding a pair of guns. He provides cover fire, shooting the approaching Tankmen in the background to the tempo of the music while twirling his guns in a flashy manner. Boyfriend now holds Girlfriend up around the waist.
If the player fails any of the tracks in this week, Tankman will insult and mock Boyfriend with a randomly selected phrase at the beginning of the Game Over screen.
These are the phrases randomly uttered by Tankman during the Game Over screen. They are listed in no particular order.
|"Hey, here's some Friday Night Funkin' lore for ya! I don't like you!"|
|"No wonder your parents hate you." [laughing]|
|"You feel that? That's called failure and you better get used to it." [laughing]|
|"Maybe you should go play Week 1 again." [laughing]|
|"That was terrible. Just terrible."|
|"Oh my god! What the hell was that!? What the hell. Was. That?"|
|"The only thing you're funkin' tonight is your sock." [laughing]|
|"Can you even feed yourself!? Can you even walk straight?"|
|"Why am I wasting my time against some baggy-pantsed punk?"|
|"Why am I wasting my time against some baggy-pantsed fuck?" [laughing]|
|"I hope you're not some internet streamer screaming like a sociopath right now!"|
|"If you can't beat me, how are you gonna survive this harsh and cruel world, hmm?"|
|"You gotta press the arrows, kid. Not slap your keyboard like your blind uncle, what?"|
|"Eh, you're gettin' closer! I wouldn't brag about it though."|
|"My dead grandmother has more nimble fingers! C'mon!"|
|"You just make me wanna cry."|
|"You're ugly and you can't keep a rhythm! Truly, you are cursed."|
|"Good lord, what the hell is your problem, man? [burp] Just do it right, please!"|
|"Man, are you tired of eating shit yet?" [laughing]|
|"I said let's rock, not suck cock." [laughing]|
|"'Congratulations, you won!' That's what I would say if you weren't such a goddamn failure." [laughing]|
|"You know I'm running out of shit to say here so you better beat this sometime today, asshole."|
|"Maybe if you had more friends, you'd be less depressed and play better, hm?"|
|"I guess your shitty blue hair dye got in your eyes. It's okay, it happens to all of us."|
|"Open your fucking eyes, geez."|
- Upon the week's release, the Newgrounds site crashed due to an influx of users rushing to play it.
- The crash started the day its exclusive preview was released, on the 18th of April, 2021, approximately around 6:00pm EST. Although the site eventually recovered, the game was temporarily disabled for 2 more days until more server capacity was made.
- ninjamuffin99 has stated on his Twitter page that Week 7 will be exclusive to Newgrounds until Newgrounds reaches the first or second result on Google when searching up "friday night funkin'". This was due to other online game sites reuploading the new content and surpassing the original upload in popularity while the site was down.
- According to a Tweet posted by ninjamuffin99 on April 22nd 2021, Week 7 will probably be out on itch.io and the source code on Github as soon as Week 8 is released due to its current progress.
- Eventually, on June 22nd 2021, Newgrounds reached the first result on Google when searching "friday night funkin'". ninjamuffin99 didn't expect this to happen and said that he might put Week 7 on Itch.io and the source code on Github before Week 8 releases. 
- According to him, this is because he would have to remove Week 8's assets of the Friday Night Funkin' Source code in order to release it on itch.io and Github as a download on Windows and potentially Mac and Linux, which he thinks would take longer to do than finish Week 8. 
- Week 7 is the third week in the game that's named after its antagonist, the first being Daddy Dearest and the second being Pico.
- This is the first week to change the player's character appearance between songs.
- This is the first week to have fully-animated and voice acted cutscenes in between songs, though Tankman himself is the only character with a speaking role.
- This is the second week to have a Newgrounds mascot star as an antagonist, the first is being Pico.
- This week marks Pico's third appearance in the game, the other two being his own eponymous week as an antagonist and Week 5 as a background character. In this week, Pico takes the place of Girlfriend on her speakers during the track Stress, shooting at Tankmen.
- This is the first week to have a playable duet, in this case being Boyfriend and Girlfriend.
- This week reveals that Girlfriend has a demonic internal appearance, as seen briefly during the cutscene during Stress as well as whenever Boyfriend receives a Game Over during that song, where it's found that Girlfriend has horns and sharp teeth.
- One of Tankman's Game Over lines is similar to a line from TANKMEN 1, that one being, "You know, sometimes you just make me wanna cry."
- Some of Tankman's Game Over lines break the fourth wall, and some seem to be directed at the player themselves.
- "Maybe you should go play Week 1 again." [laughing]
- "You gotta press the arrows, kid. Not slap your keyboard like your blind uncle, what?"
- "I hope you're not some internet streamer screaming like a sociopath right now!"
- "Hey, here's some Friday Night Funkin' lore for ya! I don't like you."
- "My dead grandmother has more nimble fingers! C'mon!"
- The trailer theme for the game's Kickstarter campaign, Klaskii Romper, can be heard during the cutscene for Stress.
- This is the third week where something is moving along in the background. The first were the subway trains during Week 3 and the second being the passing cars in Week 4.
- Tankman has some voice lines that were left unused as shown in a Tweet as well as a Newgrounds submission made by PhantomArcade. Some of them are as followed:
|"Heh, you're ugly."|
|"I should just SQUEEZE your nuts off, but let's rock! [Laughs]"|
|"I should just blow your nuts off, but it's been a boring day so... let's see what you got! Let's see what you got!"|
|"Huh, Pretty tight bars for a little dude who's simping over a butterface. Yeah, I said it! Heh heh, yeah I said it! [Laughs]"|
|"You keep beeping and booping me and I'm gonna beep beep a garbage truck into your Girlfriend's face! Make her more... attractive. [Laughs] I'm gonna make her prettier that way eugh."|
|"You keep me riling me up and I might piss in your mouth! Mmmmmm."|
|"You keep riling me and I'm gonna might donuts out of both of you! Yeah, use your imaginations!"|
|"Oh, you want something easier? Why don't you go take a nap in your crib. [Laughs]'|
|"I'm not mad, just disappointed. I'm mad too I lied."|
|"Get used to losing son!"|
|"Hey, here's some Friday Night Funkin' lore for you, you suck! [Laughs]"|
|"Goddammit, well, maybe when we blast your girl into applesauce you can do that emo thing, y'know, 'I love sad songs!'"|
|"Men, get ready to fire!"|
|"Just give up, like everything else in your life. Yeah, I said it."|
|"People are drawing me making out with Steve you're goddamn right I'm angry!"|
|"I didn't know you could reenact an abortion with your keyboard! [Laughs]"|
|"Hey tough guy, nice pubes. [Laugh]"|
|"UGH! I'm outta here, I'm done. Game over. Ugh."|
- According to a Tweet made by JohnnyUtah, he came up with almost every one of Tankman's Game Over quotes.
- According to a Tweet made by JohnnyUtah, Week 7 isn't really canon to the TANKMEN series, as it is set in an alternative universe where everyone is still alive while the Tankmen are still battling against their unnamed enemy.
|Tutorial||Girlfriend | Tutorial|
|Week 1||Daddy Dearest | Bopeebo - Fresh - Dadbattle|
|Week 2||Skid and Pump | Spookeez - South|
Monster | Monster (Song)
|Week 3||Pico | Pico (Song) - Philly - Blammed|
|Week 4||Mommy Mearest | Satin Panties - High - M.I.L.F|
|Week 5||Daddy Dearest & Mommy Mearest | Cocoa - Eggnog|
Monster | Winter Horrorland
|Week 6||Senpai | Senpai (Song) - Roses|
Spirit | Thorns
|Week 7||Tankman | Ugh - Guns - Stress|
|Unused||Boyfriend | Test|
|Game Modes||Story Mode - Freeplay|
|Others||Options - Debug Menu - Donate/Kickstarter|