Ugh is the first track of Week 7. It was composed by Kawai Sprite and premiered on YouTube on the 11th of March, 2021. It was officially released on the Newgrounds version of Friday Night Funkin' on the 18th of April, 2021. It appears in Friday Night Funkin' OST, Vol. 2.
The antagonist for this level is Tankman.
[DISTORTO plays in the background]
Tankman: Well, well, well! Whadda we got here?
Tankman: We should just KILL YOU, but what the hell, it's been a boring day. Let's see what you got!
Whenever Tankman says “ugh” in full during the track, a unique animation will play instead of the regular singing animation. The note for whenever "ugh" is uttered is always an up note.
- The "ugh" sound heard in the track is a voice sample from JohnnyUtah, the creator of the TANKMEN series and voice of Tankman.
- Online, JohnnyUtah is known for involuntarily uttering groans, something he is aware of that has become a sort of catchphrase associated with him.
- He stated in an interview that his groan was not originally intended to be in a song. However, during recordings, Kawai Sprite heard one that he liked and based a song off of it. The specific sound sampled was the third out of the four attempts that he recorded.
- The song's title was teased earlier in a Tweet made by Kawai Sprite on Twitter.
- The song reached the trending tab on YouTube upon release and has amounted 7 million views long before it was even released in-game, beating every officially released song in the game so far.
- ninjamuffin99 has called Ugh the easiest song of Week 7.
- This is the sixth track that features vocal lines, the first being Tutorial, the second being Fresh, the third being Spookeez, the fourth being Monster, the fifth being Winter Horrorland and the seventh being Stress.
- The animation that plays when Tankman says "ugh" is an alternate note that has the same function as alternate animations, except it applies to a single note, rather than a whole section. Deleting the arrow and replacing it with another arrow won't play the animation, even if the re-added arrow is the exact same one as before.
- Kawai Sprite has stated in a Tweet that he purposefully tried to make the instrumental of Ugh sound as bad as possible, and the fact that people love the song as much as they do despite this is funny to him.
|Tutorial||Girlfriend | Tutorial|
|Week 1||Daddy Dearest | Bopeebo - Fresh - Dadbattle|
|Week 2||Skid and Pump | Spookeez - South|
Monster | Monster (Song)
|Week 3||Pico | Pico (Song) - Philly - Blammed|
|Week 4||Mommy Mearest | Satin Panties - High - M.I.L.F|
|Week 5||Daddy Dearest & Mommy Mearest | Cocoa - Eggnog|
Monster | Winter Horrorland
|Week 6||Senpai | Senpai (Song) - Roses|
Spirit | Thorns
|Week 7||Tankman | Ugh - Guns - Stress|
|Unused||Boyfriend | Test|
|Game Modes||Story Mode - Freeplay|
|Others||Options - Debug Menu - Donate/Kickstarter|